Friday, February 3, 2012

Another macro beer

Berlin is a fantastic place to visit. As a tourist, the sights are many and interesting.

Like Checkpoint Charlie.


Or Brandenburger Tor.

After a long walk through Berlin in rainy and windy weather, it was time to find a watering hole. Berlin Pavillon was the place I chose. Perhaps I should have gone to another bar or restaurant. Berlin Pavillon felt like a large school canteen with some available draught beers.

I ordered a half litre of Krombacher Pils. I should have taken some Paulaner wheat beer instead. That is a much better beer.

Krombacher was a pale lager with nearly no carbonation and a small head. In the nose I felt malts and sweetness, The beer was sweet with some malts and a touch of hops. I felt this was another average pale lager. In a way mirroring Berlin Pavillon. Just another average canteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment