Sunday, January 10, 2010

Two from Nøgne Ø

I am tasting myself through the sortiment of the Norwegian craft brewery Nøgne Ø these days. Nøgne Ø has several beers on the market, and although I have written about some beers earlier, there are many left to be covered.

First out is Nøgne Ø's Pale Ale, which I tried from bottle. In the glass there is a little head but there is much carbonation. The colour is cloudy amber. In the nose I can find some sweet flowers. There are some hops and straw in the mouth. The aftertaste gives a balanced bitterness where the sweetness and hops meet.

I feel that Nøgne Ø's Pale Ale is an interesting beer, but it I guess that it is probably better from tap than from bottle.

Nøgne Ø has also a Bitter, and it can be found at well stocked supermarkets here in Norway. The Bitter is a cloudy, golden beer. It has a flowery nose, and there are also some yeast present. Tastewise oranges take the lead combined with bitterness. There is also a hoppy bite in the aftertaste.

Nøgne Ø's Bitter is a nice beer, but it is not my favourite from the Norwegian cult brewery. But I can imagine drinking it again a sunny day instead of a wheat beer or a Belgian wit like Hoegaarden.

1 comment:

  1. I've recently discovered NogneO and I love them. In fact, they've turned me onto beers from Northern Europe, which until recently I knew nothing about. These two sound great.

    ReplyDelete