Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Swedish delight

Last year I wrote about beer in Sweden. This year I have tried more Swedish beers, and I have tried to stay away from the more well known brands like Pripps, Falcon, Spendrups and Åbro.

St. Eriks is an interesting brewery according to its beers. I have tried two of them and was very pleased. St. Eriks IPA has 5.3% alcohol. It had a brownish colour. There was nearly no carbonation nor head. In the nose I felt grapefruit. The taste was very fruity with grapefruit and apple taking the lead with a touch of pepper. The finish was bitter and lovely. A great IPA!

St. Eriks Pale Ale had a tobacco aroma. There was nearly no carbonation, but the beer had a medium sized head. In the mouth there was rhubarb and cherries. I liked the beer a lot. It was pleasant and tasty, but the IPA was the better beer. Still, both these two beers from St. Erik are worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment