Monday, July 11, 2011

Back to Schouskjelleren

Schouskjelleren Mikrobryggeri is one of Oslo's newest brewpubs. It is placed where the former Schous brewery once was based in the Grünerløkka neighbourhood.


The pub feels more like a beer hall. At this visit four beers from the in-house brewery were available. In addition to these, there were nine draught beers from other breweries and a large selection of bottled beers.

I chose one of Schoukjelleren's own beers, and I ended up with Schoukjelleren Sommer-Kölsch. This was a yellowish beer with a small head and nearly no carbonation. In the nose I felt nearly nothing except for a touch of tutti frutti bubble gum. In the mouth I felt fruit, sweetness and some yeast. Tastewise this was a lovely beer.

My second visit to Schouskjelleren Mikrobryggeri was short, but I could take home a souvenir. Schouskjelleren Mikrobryggeri's original beer glasses were available at the cheap price of 15 NOK (nearly 2 EUR). That is a great idea, as I believe this is a way to counter beer glass theft from pubs. In addition to this the pub visit will live on for a tourist. You will remember both the pub and the time spent there afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment