Sunday, February 7, 2010

White islander

Nøgne Ø's Wit is available in some Norwegian supermarkets. I have had several good wheat beers in this Belgian style during the last year, and I have become fond of beers like Hoegaarden.

The Norwegian attempt from the Grimstad brewery has a golden colour. In the glass there is some carbonation and a lasting, white head. In the nose there is a lot of flavour from yeast and fruits with accentuated banana. The taste is really nice. There is some yeast and more banana in the mouth. I like this beer. It is just delicious!


This is an excellent wit beer, and I am looking forward to drinking it in the sun next Summer. In the mean time I recommend Nøgne Ø's Wit for all wheat beer enthusiasts. The price for a 0.5 litre bottle at a Meny supermarket here in Norway was 39 NOK, which is slighty more than 4 EUR or 4 GBP.

No comments:

Post a Comment