Monday, February 21, 2011

Bodø once again

It is beautiful in Northern Norway. The nature is stunning, and there is a certain charm being north of the Arctic circle in Winter. The days are short, and it is strange walking around in the early afternoon feeling it is in the middle of the night.

Bodø is the second largest city in Northern Norway. Every time I visit Bodø I end up on the quayside visiting the Bryggerikaia pub. Once it was a brewpub, but nowadays it is selling draught beers from Mack brewery of Tromsø.

I have always enjoyed being at Bryggerikaia. The waiters are both service minded and friendly, and they seem to like having conversations with visitors.

At this visit I wanted to try another Mack beer for the first time. I ended up with Mack's Haakon. Haakon is a golden beer with some carbonation and a small head. In the nose there is some caramel, while toffee and burnt notes are typical of the taste. I liked the beer, and felt it was superior to the Mack Arctic beer, which has been my usual beer at Bryggerikaia.

No comments:

Post a Comment