Sunday, June 20, 2010

Czech farm beers

Right outside Prague, you can find Pivovarský Dvůr Chýně. This is a combined restaurant and brewpub with beers that have been praised in beer blogs and newspaper stories. So far I have not taken the bus to the village of Chýně, but it has been on my to do-list for a long time.

Instead I have visited Pivovarský Dvůr Chýně's restaurant in Prague. You can find it in Victor Hotel in Husitska street. The location is unique for beer lovers, as the restaurant is next to Merenda and less than two hundred metres from the reopened U Slovanské Lípy. Three great pubs with excellent and not easily found beers on the same street!

Pivovarský Dvůr Chýně's restaurant has a nice and rustic interior. The main room looks great with excellent wall decorations. My favourite was the brewery wall painting. As I sat down, a smiling female waiter was there at once. I was not hungry, so I ordered a half litre of the pale lager.

It arrived very quickly, and the beer was cloudy with a large head and nearly no carbonation. The beer had a nice aroma with scents of fruit and yeast. In the mouth the fruit lead on to a nice finish without feeling too sweet. This was a very enjoyable beer!

I also tried Chýně's half dark beer, polotmave. This was another enjoyable beer with lovely caramel notes. Lovely!

Pivovarský Dvůr Chýně will be revisited on my next trip to Prague, but I will also check out the proper brew pub outside the Czech capital. The beers are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment