Monday, July 19, 2010

If this is Thursday, it must be Copenhagen

I spent one day last week in Copenhagen. The weather in the Danish capital was fabulous. It was was sunny, and the temperature was heading towards 30 Centigrades. The day would be nice for trying out some of Denmark's finest beers, but I was not able to. I do not mix drinking and driving, so my beverages were water and soft drinks.

But I did envy the ones sitting down having a glass of beer in the warm weather. Next to the famous Tivoli gardens, you can find Bryggeriet Apollo. This is a brewpub with a varied offer in beers. Most people sitting down at Bryggeriet Apollo enjoyed their pilseners, and it looked really good.

Inside Tivoli Gardens there are several food stands and restaurants. Most of them offer draught beers from Danish breweries like Carlsberg, Tuborg and Royal. In addition to this there is also a little brewpub on site, but I did not see it during my short visit.

Instead I found a German inspired beer garden called Paulaner Biergarten. Paulaner's draught beers were naturally present, and I would love to have tried both the weissbier and the Oktoberfestbier from the menu.

As always, Tivoli Gardens are full of people in Summer. It is a great place for children, but there is also much to do for adults. With both a German styled beer garden and a brewpub, Tivoli is an interesting site for beer travellers.

Not far from Town Hall Square (Rådhuspladsen), I found another interesting place for beer hunters. A little pub called Brewpub, also had their own microbrewery on site. Brewpub makes several beers, but most interesting was that they based their food menu on dishes and beers that fit together.

Sure, I need to go back to Copenhagen. And next time I will use public transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment