Friday, June 17, 2011

More Černá Hora beers

Being in Brno it is easy to take a pub crawl drinking quality beers from Czech breweries. There are many exciting breweries in the Czech Republic, and some of them are available in bars and pubs in Brno.

It is no secret that I am fond of the beers from the Černá Hora brewery. As I was walking past the tiny Pasáž Typos mall near Náměstí Svobody on an evening walk, I for some reason decided to enter. Inside I found a little pub advertising Černá Hora beers. I had to sit down there.

The little pub had no name, but the waitress called it Pivnice when I wanted to try the free wi-fi offered there. That was great. I could update myself on news and e-mails and drink a wonderful beer.

I went for a Moravské Sklepní. This excellent pale lager was served with a large head and nearly no carbonation. In the nose I felt a tiny hint of malts, but otherwise nothing. As usual that changed when I tasted the beer. Moravské Sklepní is delicious with tastes of malts, yeast and a tiny touch of lemon before a partly hoppy finish. A great beer!

I also had a glass of Kvasar. This is Černá Hora's honey beer, and it is very good. Moravské Sklepní is the better beer, but that did not matter. Both beers are fabulous. I would like to sit here for the rest of the evening, but there was no time. Other Brno pubs needed to be visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment