Friday, December 24, 2010

Czech Christmas beer

I would like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas! And what better way to do it then telling you about my recent visit to the Hrom do Police pub in Prague. Hrom do Police is to be found in Vinohrady not far from the Jiřího z Poděbrad metro station. I have been at this pub several times last year enjoying the beers from the Polička brewery. It is especially the kvasnicove beers I have been fond of.

As usual I ordered one of the kvasnicove beers. The waiter told me that perhaps I should try another beer, Eliška. This is a Christmas beer produced by the Polička brewery. I followed his recommendation and ordered the seasonal beer.

That was a right choice. Eliška was a revelation. This black beer with a medium sized head and nearly no carbonation was excellent. I liked its notes of caramel and licorice. This was a wonderful beer for the holiday season.

If you are in Prague now, I can recommend a visit to Hrom do Police to try Eliška. It is a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment