Saturday, December 25, 2010

Return to U Slovanské Lípy

The beers from the Kout na Šumavě brewery are good. Extremely good. In fact, they are so good that every time I go to Prague, I visit U Slovanské Lípy on Tachovské námesti. The pub was closed for some time earlier this year, but nowadays it is back in business with new owners. The easiest way to get to U Slovanské Lípy is by taking the 133 bus from Staroměstská.

This year Kout na Šumavě won a Czech beer award. The 12° golden lager has been declared the best in the whole Czech republic. It is a fabulous beer, and it is also available at U Slovanské Lípy as a kvasnicove. I recommend buying them both and drinking them head to head to note the differences.


This time there will be no beer tasting notes. I enjoyed myself at U Slovanské Lípy and drank myself through the beers available from Kout na Šumavě. You would probably have a great time doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment