Thursday, November 10, 2011

Haandbryggeriet Duo

At a local supermarket I found two beers from Haandbryggeriet that I had never tried from bottles. This is a nice time for Norwegians. The beer selection is slowly getting larger, and several supermarkets are offering more than pale lager beers from the big, national breweries and the ordinary import beers.

I started out with Haandbryggeriet Pale Ale, which is an old favourite from tap. In the glass this 4.5% beer was a copper coloured cloudy brew with some carbonation and a medium sized head. I felt aromas of grapefruit and grass together with a touch of apples. In the mouth there was grapefruit, spices and more apples before a partly bitter and hoppy finish. This was a lovely beer!

Haandbryggeriet London Porter was a new aquaintance. The beer was black with some carbonation and a medium sized head. I felt dark chocolate in the nose. The beer tasted of more dark chocolate and some cold coffee. This was another fine beer that I really enjoyed. Haandbryggeriet is still one of Norway's most interesting breweries!

No comments:

Post a Comment