Thursday, July 19, 2012

Back at Frankfurt airport

Another stopover at Frankfurt airport took me back to the Beyond bar in Terminal 1. As I promised myself during my last visit, I would now try the Paulaner Kristallweizen as a draught beer. I ordered the beer, but I must have misunderstood. The wheat beer was only available in bottles, but it was to late to stop the order as the waiter had already started pouring the beer into a glass.


The beer was pale in colour and had a medium sized head. There was nearly no carbonation in the beer, that had aromas of banana and sweetness. In the mouth there was some assertive banana followed by spices and a touch of bread. It was a fine wheat beer, and I really enjoyed it.


On tap there was also the local Licher Premium Pils. This was a pale lager with a medium sized head and some carbination. The nose was unfortunately metallic, but there were still scents of malts. In the mouth grass and flowers dominated before a partly bitter finish. I would have liked this lager beer a lot, but there was also a metallic taste that I did not enjoy. Perhaps Beyond had a problem with this beer pipe?


It was time for me to find my plane, so I drank up the lager beer and went to the gate. Another short visit to Germany was about to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment