Sunday, November 1, 2009

The better Pilsner Urquell

To find the best Pilsner Urquell in Prague, you need to find a tankova restaurant or pivnice. Served as a tankova beer, Pilsner Urquell is both unpasteurized and fresher compared to the ordinary version.

Pilsner Urquell tankova tanks - full of golden delight!

The Anděl area is full of taproom and restaurants. Among them are some tankova restaurants serving Pilsner Urquell. I have walked past Zlatý klas several times, but I had never entered the cellar restaurant until the day I was planning to see a football game on TV. As I passed Zlatý klas, I saw the right channel was on the restaurant's screens, and inside I went. The game was rather boring, but Zlatý klas had great tankova Pilsner Urquell, so I enjoyed the beer instead.

Later I went back to have dinner. Zlatý klas is one of the restaurants in Prague that also cater to non-smokers, so I went into the non-smoking area and ordered food and a Pilsner Urquell. The tankova Pilsner Urquell is a fantastic beer. It is delicious and a must to try for all visitors to the Czech Republic.

I have tried two courses at Zlatý klas. The duck with dumplings was filling, and it is an understatement to say the same about the pork knee served on a skewer with horseradish, pickled cucumber and mustard. The koleno was very big, and it was not possible to eat all of it.

Zlatý klas has a varied menu, and the prices are in the mid-range being Prague. 195 CZK for a large pork knee is fair, and the same could be said for paying the same price for duck and dumplings.

No comments:

Post a Comment