Friday, August 19, 2011

Return to Amundsen

The newest brewpub in Oslo is Amundsen Bryggeri & Spiseri. Amundsen Bryggeri & Spiseri was established in 2011 and it is a spacious restaurant with a long bar close to the Norwegian National Theatre.

LinkBeer tourists to Oslo have a lot of Norwegian draught beers to choose from. Breweries like Nøgne Ø, Haandbryggeriet, Ægir and Waldemars are among the ones represented. In addition to these there is an excellent and varied selection of bottled beers.

I went to Amundsen to try one of the beers brewed at the premises. I had already tasted the pale ale on an earlier visit, and a pilsner did not tempt me. Instead I chose the red ale.

Amundsen Red Ale was a dark, reddish beer. It had a medium sized head but hardly any carbonation. The nose surprised me. I felt cowberries! The cowberries were still there in the mouth with a touch of malts before a finish with some fruit salad. This beer was different and good, but I felt a half litre was enought at this time.

I will be back at Amundsen Bryggeri & Spiseri. This is one of Oslo's best beer destinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment